Slow Cooker Dukan Gumbo
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz fresh okra, sliced 1/2 inch thick (can use frozen)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 pound turkey Andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carton low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Place all ingredients in crockpot, except cornstarch and shrimp. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken breast from crockpot. Shred with 2 forks. Return to crockpot.
- Add shrimp.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Slowly add to crockpot, stirring continually.
- Cook on low for an additional hour.
Something to Craft About