First let me apologize for the really bad pic. Another one of my photo afterthoughts. And yes, we are still using our Christmas dishes. I can’t really call this meal Hcg. It goes over in calories and we had 2 different veggies. It still stays around 350 calories, so it is definitely diet! And I still lost weight. It is Paleo and Dukan friendly. Instead of spaghetti we used broccoli slaw. It is one of my new favorites! It tastes great and it is low calorie and filling. Bill even ate it without complaint!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- 2 wasa crispbread, crushed
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes (or crushed)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 oz water
- 1 small yellow onion
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 oz bag broccoli slaw
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together ground chicken breasts, crushed wasa crispbread, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Form into 1-1/2 inch meatballs. Bake in baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for 25 minutes.
- Spray large stockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook garlic and onion for 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, stevia, pinch of dried oregano, pinch of onion powder, pinch of garlic powder and fresh basil. Add cooked meatballs. Simmer over low heat 1-2 hours (the longer the better, I usually cook mine all day, adding more water as needed).
- 10 minutes before serving, bring skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to medium-high heat. Add broccoli slaw and 1/4 cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve sauce and meatballs over broccoli slaw.