Easy, no fail biscuits! These are absolutely delicious! You can make them with regular milk if you don’t have buttermilk on hand. I even use this recipe for my chicken and dumplings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Using a pastry cutter (or 2 knives with scissor motion), cut in the butter until the mixture resemble coarse meal.
- Gradually stir in buttermilk until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 15 to 20 times.
- Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick.
- Cut with medium sized biscuit cutter (or top of glass) dipped in flour. Repeat until all of dough is used.
- Brush off excess flour and place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until edges brown.
- Brush tops with melted butter for an extra treat.
Something to Craft About