It has been so long since I posted! I can’t even say I had good intentions this time. Too much going on in our lives, and it still hasn’t slowed down. I think we will always be at this crazy pace.
We’ve been on a couple of diets. Of course, we did Hcg again. We really didn’t put too much into any diet we did. But since we were dieting, I didn’t do too much great cooking. And when I did, I didn’t take the time to take pics.
These Apple Fritter Donut Holes are so yummy, I am surprised that there was even enough left over to take any pics. Bill likes them so much, he put in his request last night. I also made chocolate donut holes, cause Ty won’t touch anything with apples in it. I will try to post that recipe this week.
I cooked them in a cake pop maker, but they could be baked in a mini muffin tin. They don’t have any weird ingredients in them. So as long as you have some apples, you should have everything else needed in your kitchen.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or combination of whole wheat and all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk (or combination buttermilk, half and half, milk)
- 3 apples, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half)
- Preheat cake pop maker. If baking in oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add butter, egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir together.
- Fold the apples into the mixture.
- Add about a tablespoon to each cake pop hole. Resist the urge to overfill, it WILL go everywhere. Do not fill over top of hole.
- Cook for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from cake pop maker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk (I used half and half).
- Brush glaze over fritters (I was lazy, and just used a spoon).